Kokapet is a new city with running projects believed to equal workspace comparable to Hyderabad’s in future. The area is regarded as a new growth engine for Telangana’s IT sector.
Kokapet is a village in Ranga Reddy districtfalling under Rajendranagar mandal. Further down Gachibowli and FinancialDistrict on the west of Hyderabad, Kokapet has become one of the most preferredresidential destinations to buy and invest among the working-class populationof Hyderabad.
Announced in July 2019 by the Telanganagovernment, this new city will soon be developed with the motto of ‘RiseInfrastructure Hyderabad – Enhancing Liveability’ at the region referred to asthe ‘Golden Triangle’, stretched out from Kokapet to Muthangi ORR. The area isexpected to accommodate a workforce of 5 lakh on its 90-million sq ftworkspace. To put this in perspective, the entire city of Hyderabad has aworkspace of 110 million sq ft.
With a huge land-bank of 466 acres, Telanganagovernment is developing the area on a mission mode approach. Emphasis wasplaced on developing public transport, and residential areas at Tellapur andMokilla, where LRT, BRT or MRT connectivity from the last metro station toKokapet will be provided.
Telangana government has plans to proposethe development of an integrated township on a novel ‘walk to work’ concept. Accordingto this concept, the office space would be within the vicinity of the upcomingresidential abode in order to reduce the need for travel and thereby reducingthe traffic. As per the new Municipal Act, wherever 100 or more acres areavailable under the HMDA and 50 or more acres are available under amunicipality, the government will encourage developers to set up suchtownships.
Many companies have already started movingtheir offices to Kokapet, making it hot-bed of real estate activities. The areais more of an IT infrastructure extension of Gachibowli-Nanakramguda-Madhapur.
Key Highlights and Developments-
- Outer ring road passes throughKokapet making road connectivity to Rajiv Gandhi International Airport hasslefree.
- It is well connected to themain city and has wider roads with an average width of 40 meters.
- It is closer to Osman SagarLake which is surrounded by lush green cover. About 20 km along the Kokapetstretch there is a bioconservation park too.
- It has an abundance of world-classeducational and healthcare institutions, shopping and entertainment hubs, etc.
- Public transport to theresidential spaces is expected to be developed where MRT, BRT or LRTconnectivity will be provided from the last metro station to Kokapet.
- Big residential and commercial playershave acquired lands in the recent auctions. For instance, Prestige Group hasacquired 14 acres of land in Kokapet for Rs 200 crore for a mixed-use developmentproject.
Present Residential Projects in Kokapetinclude-
- Gem Nakshathra
- Rajapushpa Regalia Block B
- THE LAWNZ Block – F
- North Star Allura
- NCC Urban One
- Vertex Panache
- Whistling Woods
- THE LAWNZ Block – G
- THE LAWNZ Block – E
- Serenity Park
- Keerth’s Westwinds