Encumbrance Certificate in Telangana state
When buying a house, EncumbranceCertificate or EC is as important as any other document involved in a propertytransaction.
Encumbrance Certificate: While buying a property,it is important to verify whether the property is free of legal or financialliability. EC (Encumbrance Certificate) is one of the documents required as aproof that the mentioned property holds a free title or ownership. If thecertificate has no charges or claims, it can be then concluded that theproperty is fully owned by an individual without any liabilities.
Thingsto know about Encumbrance Certificate in Telangana & Hyderabad
- Encumbrance Certificate from Telanganagovt is needed when you want to buy or sell a property in the state.
- An EC has all the historicaltransactions registered for a particular property.
- Using Telangana EC Search platformone can find if there are any claims or liabilities on the property.
- Regular banks and NBFCs require10-15 years of EC from Telangana govt on a property for sanctioning of a loan.
- EC from Telangana govt isrequired for transfer the property.
- In updating of land records atthe Gram Panchayat office, EC from Telangana govt is mandatory.
Below is the procedure to apply for an Encumbrance Certificate:
In the state of Telangana, one can applyfor EC in respective Sub Registrar Office and also at a Meeseva or EsevaCenters across the state.
By filling the application form at aMeeseva with the following necessary details.
Flat No-Apartment Name/House no/ Plot No.,Survey No., Village, Town, City, SRO, Boundaries
- The filled application shouldbe submitted at the nearest Meeseva center following which the applicant willbe provided with an acknowledgment.
- Later, the concerned officerwill verify the documents and the application will be forwarded to the SubRegistrar Office.
- After verification the EC isissued usually within six working days from the time of application date.
Documentsrequired to Obtain Encumbrance Certificate in Telangana
- Attested copy of propertyaddress
- Photo of any previouslyexecuted deed of the property (sale deed, partition gift deed, etc.)
- Registered deed number withdate, volume/CD number, and signature of the applicant should be affixed.
Fee payable at Meeseva to obtain a copy of EC is Rs 235/-
Encumbrance Certificate in Telangana Online Search
One can also search Encumbrance Certificate in Telangana online through the state govt website.
The search can be done providing document number or through a form entry by filling required details.