Encumbrance Certificate in Telangana state
When buying a house, Encumbrance Certificate or EC is as important as any other document involved in a property transaction.
Encumbrance Certificate: While buying a property, it is important to verify whether the property is free of legal or financial liability. EC (Encumbrance Certificate) is one of the documents required as a proof that the mentioned property holds a free title or ownership. If the certificate has no charges or claims, it can be then concluded that the property is fully owned by an individual without any liabilities.
Things to know about Encumbrance Certificate in Telangana & Hyderabad
- Encumbrance Certificate from Telangana govt is needed when you want to buy or sell a property in the state.
- An EC has all the historical transactions registered for a particular property.
- Using Telangana EC Search platform one can find if there are any claims or liabilities on the property.
- Regular banks and NBFCs require 10-15 years of EC from Telangana govt on a property for sanctioning of a loan.
- EC from Telangana govt is required for transfer the property.
- In updating of land records at the Gram Panchayat office, EC from Telangana govt is mandatory.
Below is the procedure to apply for an Encumbrance Certificate:
In the state of Telangana, one can apply for EC in respective Sub Registrar Office and also at a Meeseva or Eseva Centers across the state.
By filling the application form at a Meeseva with the following necessary details.
Flat No-Apartment Name/House no/ Plot No., Survey No., Village, Town, City, SRO, Boundaries
- The filled application should be submitted at the nearest Meeseva center following which the applicant will be provided with an acknowledgment.
- Later, the concerned officer will verify the documents and the application will be forwarded to the Sub Registrar Office.
- After verification the EC is issued usually within six working days from the time of application date.
Documents required to Obtain Encumbrance Certificate in Telangana
- Attested copy of property address
- Photo of any previously executed deed of the property (sale deed, partition gift deed, etc.)
- Registered deed number with date, volume/CD number, and signature of the applicant should be affixed.
Fee payable at Meeseva to obtain a copy of EC is Rs 235/-
Encumbrance Certificate in Telangana Online Search
One can also search Encumbrance Certificate in Telangana online through the state govt website.
The search can be done providing document number or through a form entry by filling required details.